After reading The Crucible, what is the story really about? In other words, what is the main theme?
Find the place in the play that really demonstrates the theme you listed above. Now, look at the list below. What literary elements/devices did the author use to prove the theme?
Now, write one formal paragraph (300+ words) which contains the following:
1. Topic sentence which includes the author’s name, the title of the play in italics, the theme, and the literary element that supports the theme. Use this format: In The Crucible, by Arthur Miller, (strong verb) (theme) through (literary element).
Example: In “The Story of an Hour,” Kate Chopin depicts the liberation of a restricted 19th century woman through her use of metaphor.
2. Text Evidence: You will need to include three embedded quotes with parenthetical citations
3. Commentary that explains each of your embedded quotes
4. Final sentence/conclusion that “wraps up” your thoughts
Do not use 1st or 2nd person pronouns. Write in 3rd person (he, she, they).
Write in literary present tense (don’t write in past tense).
Use MLA format
- Home Of Essay Experts
- ✓Good grades guaranteed
- ✓Quality papers
- ✓Competent and qualified writers
- ✓Timely delivery
- ✓100% plagiarism_free
- ✓Cheap price fit for your budget